Morning y’all! It’s Monday and though it’s not early, this has been a rough morning. I had great plans of getting up early, working out, getting stuff prepped for my fitness accountability group, reading some personal development, and getting ready for work. I even tried to go to bed early last night and needless to say, I laid in bed for awhile before I fell asleep and then I slept through EVERY alarm I had set. Something’s gotta change before tomorrow morning, because this whole routine of sleeping until 8:15 AM and rushing to shower and get ready before work is just not going to work for me.
Anyway – that’s not really what I’m here to write about. I want to share some recipes with you today.
I’ve been on a breakfast kick recently – seriously – all of my meals have been based around traditional breakfast foods and I’ve been loving it! So today I’m planning to share a couple of my favorite recipes on here for ya! Starting out with some delicious Zucchini Bread that I baked into cute little heart shaped muffins.
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 6 eggs
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons of vanilla
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/8 cup of coconut sugar + some to sprinkle on top of muffins
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 & 1/2 cups of zucchini, shredded
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray loaf pan or muffin cups generously. (I use a coconut oil spray, but whatever spray oil you use will work.
- Squeeze most of the moisture out of the zucchini. (I like to leave a little juice in the zucchini, because it helps keep the muffins moist.)
- Combine all of the ingredients except zucchini, chocolate chips, and nuts. Stir until well combined.
- Slowly stir in zucchini, chocolate chips, and nuts, making sure not to over stir or else you will have dry muffins.
- Put mixture into greased loaf pan or muffin tins and sprinkle the top with coconut sugar.
- Bake! :: loaf pan about 40 minutes – muffins about 20 minutes :: or until a knife/toothpick comes out clean!