When The MouseTrap posted that they were hosting a Grab & Go Sandwich Challenge, with Bluegrass Baking Company, I couldn’t resist entering!
As I was brainstorming, I knew I wanted to use Mousetrap Pimento Cheese, because it is literally the best pimento cheese I have ever eaten! Like run and grab some today if you haven’t tried it! I also knew that I wanted to do something that was classically Kentucky!
So I came up with a Pimento Cheese Hot Brown Sub. Instead of a Mornay Sauce, I used Pimento Cheese as my cheese/sauce base, but I kept most of the ingredients as true to the original as possible for a cold sub.
Pimento Cheese Hot Brown Sub
- Bluegrass Baking Company Baguette
- Mousetrap Pimento Cheese
- Sliced smoked turkey breast
- Cooked bacon slices
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your baguette into four equal pieces and cut each one in half.
- On the bottom half of your baguette, place turkey, bacon, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- On the top half, spread your pimento cheese.
- Combine your halves and enjoy!
Let me know if you make this sandwich and don’t forget to go check out Mousetrap and Bluegrass Baking Company!
- I love sun-dried tomatoes, but slices of a roma tomato would work as well.
- I used pre-cooked bacon from Trader Joe’s, but you can always fry up some fresh bacon as well.