Hello 2020 Goals!
I know you have seen lots of blogs, Instagram posts, and people sharing their goals, plans, resolutions for 2020 and while I know not everyone cares, but I love reading about what other people are working towards each year and I like to share my goals with others.
I am sharing my goals here for several reasons:
1. Because writing out goals is important and makes you more likely to accomplish them.
2. Accountability – sharing goals with you gives me a built in accountability to accomplishing them.
3. I want to be very open about my journey through these goals, especially the first one and I plan on blogging monthly with an update on this journey.
No Spending Year
- No new clothes/shoes/accessories (unless it is necessary replacement of an item or clothes no longer fit)
- No new electronics (unless phone or fitbit dies and a new one is necessary)
- No new books
- No new home items
- No new office supplies (unless all of the ones I currently own have been used)
- No new toiletries (unless all the current ones have been used)
- No eating out on my own (dinner with friends/others okay or if I have a gift card)
- $30 monthly coffee budget (exceptions for meetings with clients)
- More movement (workouts, 10K steps, etc)
- Cleaner eating/Follow 80/20 rule
- Get outside more
- Go for a walk 4x a week
- Drink more water than other drinks
- Prioritize sleep
- Read more than watching screens
- No phone/electronics in bed
Budget Monthly, Evaluate Weekly, Track Daily Spending
Dive into Scripture Daily
Read 48 Books
These goals are exciting to me and while they may seem lofty to some, I know that I am fully capable of accomplishing them all.
Word of the Year
I started choosing a word(s) of the year in 2016 and usually I have an idea of what this word is going to be early in December, but this year, I was at a loss. I knew I wanted big things for 2020 in my personal and professional life. I knew I had goals, but I didn’t know how I wanted to define my year. Then as I was putting my goals on paper, I saw themes appear and my words came to me.
2020 is going to be my year of DILIGENCE & WELLNESS.
+ dil•i•gence [steady, earnest, and energetic effort]
+ well•ness [the quality of being healthy in body and mind, especially as the result of deliberate effort]
As I evaluated my two main goals of having a No Spending Year and Healthy Pursuits I saw the importance of being diligent in chasing them and how they could bring wellness into my life in so many ways!
I am excited to chase diligence and wellness this year and pursue my goals. 2020 is going to be my best year yet!